To use my favorite Norwegian phrase, “Tusen Takk” (a thousand thank yous) to all who came out in the cold wet weather for our opening week. You certainly made it a grand opening! It was so exciting to see the growers and producers fill into the space in the morning, and then the entire room fill with enthusiastic market patrons from open to close. We hope to see you back every week supporting our fantastic and dedicated group of growers and producers. To view photos taken by a friend of the market, go here.
- Two-Stage Roasted Turkey with Honey-Pepper Rub – hopefully you pre-ordered your Schacht Farm turkey this spring, and you bought all the herbs you need last week from Hobbit Gardens. Stock up on garlic, onions, remaining fresh peppers, and hopefully honey available this week.
- Smokey Chipotle-Mushroom Gravy – forget the dried mushrooms from the recipe. You can get them fresh and delicious from Homestead Growers this week.
- Winter Squash Lasagna with Sage, Hickory Nuts and Kale – This one is great as a vegetarian item on the table. We suggest replacing walnuts in the recipe with hickory nuts from the Burton’s, and try a mix of the kale varieties available this week. You will also find lasagna noodles at market, and of course cheese to vary the recipe slightly.
- Cilantro-Poblano Cream Sauce – look for leeks, chiles or other peppers, & cilantro from the vegetable growers at market.
- Silky Mushroom Pate – buy it ready made from Country Mouse, City Mouse, or brave your own attempt with ingredients from the market.
- Here is a recipe for Brussels Sprouts that will have you back after Thanksgiving to make it again! Try out hickory nuts in place of walnuts in this one as well.
- Here are two more great ways to use Kale in your Thanksgiving meal.