A few opening week tips for all who have expressed so much excitement about the opportunity to patron the new Indianapolis Winter Farmers Market.
- Not sure where you are going? Here’s a map for 2442 N. Central Ave.
- Parking: You CAN park on both sides of Central Ave. There is a parking lot for the building, but those spaces will likely fill up fast. Volunteer will be around and can help point you in the direction of parking spaces is necessary.
- Yes the market will be inside. Because of this, and because we have so many wonderful growers, producers and patrons mingling perhaps rather cozily in the market space, we kindly recommend leaving friends of the canine variety at home. Thank you!
- A food bank collection bin will be placed near the front door each week of the market. Non-perishable food items will be contributed to Indianapolis’ Gleaners food bank. Please consider bringing organic canned goods, or better yet buy an extra non-perishable at market to donate. Everyone deserves good food, especially food grown locally.
- Shopping bags: We strongly encourage that you bring your own, reusable bags to cut down on plastic and paper waste from shopping bags. We will have a “Leave One, Take One” extra shopping bag bin at market each week. If you forget or don’t have a shopping bag, instead of collecting plastic bags as you shop, “Take One” from the bin when you arrive. If you have an overly large cloth or plastic shopping bag collection already, “Leave One” to contribute to the cause.
- Volunteer to help with the market: Do you love the farmers market so much that you simply can’t imagine Saturday without it? Perhaps you’d like to volunteer to help our growers and producers set up for market on Saturday mornings, or to help direct fellow marketers to shopping, or to help answer general questions. If so, email Laura Henderson at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Other ideas or suggestions? Email Laura Henderson at Laura@indywinterfarmersmarket.org.
We look forward to seeing you Saturday, rain, snow or shine!