Local food bloggers Sonja and Alex Overhiser of A Couple Cooks have created yet another IWFM inspired recipe. On the menu this time? Two-Potato Hash with Soft-Boiled Eggs. The ingredients for this brunch dish can all be found at the Indy Winter Farmers Market. The Overhisers used eggs and greens from Full Hand Farm and garnished their beautiful dish with microgreens from Growing Places Indy.
To get the recipes for the full A Couple Cooks brunch spread, which includes Blood Orange and Quinoa Muffins with Crystalized Ginger-Thyme Butter and Blood Orange Rosemary Sparkling Water, visit their post here.
Two-Potato Hash with Soft-Boiled Eggs
by: a Couple Cooks
What You Need
- 1 ¼ pound sweet potatoes
- 1 ¼ pound red skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups tender greens
- Microgreens for garnish (optional)
What To Do
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash the red skinned and sweet potatoes, removing any bad spots but leaving the peels on.
- Small dice the potatoes. In a bowl, mix with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper; mix thoroughly to combine. Pour the potatoes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes until slightly browned and cooked through, stirring once.
- To prepare the soft boiled eggs, fill a saucepan with enough water to cover six eggs and bring to a boil. Once boiling, carefully lower the eggs into the water. Reduce the heat and gently simmer for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bowl with ice water. After 6 minutes, transfer the eggs to the bowl of water and allow to cool. Then gently peel the eggs.
- When the potatoes are done, mix them with 2 cups greens and allow the heat to slightly wilt the greens.
- To serve, place potatoes on a plate, then top with egg, a bit of kosher salt and pepper, and microgreens if desired.