Growing Places Indy is located in the near eastside community and committed to building a more just and equitable food system in Indianapolis. Our small nonprofit work hard to accomplish this through urban agriculture, access to fresh local foods, mind-body education, and entrepreneurship. Our mission is to empower people to cultivate individual, family, and community wellness through urban agriculture, access to fresh local food, and mind-body education.
As Program Coordinator, you will play a key role in helping to develop and execute key programs. This role will work closely with the Executive Director and be exposed to project management, on-site programs, community partnerships, and grant compliance. Responsibilities include observing all on-site programs, researching best practices and training ideas, creating interactive opportunities for partners and employees, and collaborating with staff and partners to help develop relevant programming. The responsibilities could include attending community partnership meetings, staff meetings, community events, Board meetings, staff/volunteer training, etc.
- Support planning and coordination of key program and its activities
- Ensure the implementation of policies and practices programs
- Manage communications with key stakeholders including donors, broad members, and volunteers
- Maintain budget and track expenditures and program transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media, etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team, program participants, and donors
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations, etc.)
- Prepare paperwork and order program materials.
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals.
- Support growth and program development
- BSc/BA in business administration, nonprofit or philanthropy or relevant field
- Proven experience as a program coordinator within a nonprofit or relevant position
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Tech-savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams and volunteer base to implement annual program goals
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and superior management skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide adequate and timely leadership decisions
- Growth-oriented and dynamic; self-disciplined
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
The position is based in Downtown Indianapolis at Growing Places Indy at 727 N Oriental St, Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Travel will be required between our three satellite farm lots, signature events, meetings, and field trips.
- Salary will depend on experience
- Schedule/Hours: Minimum of 20 hours a week. Monday – Friday, between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm.
Please send a resume with relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include Program Coordinator.