Instead of waiting until late spring or summer to get fresh produce and support local producers, why not keep going to markets in the winter? Winter market season is here! Farmer’s markets are a place where you can find fresh produce, local goods and enjoy community spirit during all seasons. When you make your trip, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Understand What’s in Season. Make sure you understand what’s in the season to have the right expectations.
- Prepare for the Weather. Dress for the weather and check the market social media pages before going in case of inclement weather.
- Buy More than Produce. While produce is abundant at the market, you can also get fresh cuts of meats, eggs, juices, flowers, and so much more.
- Ask Questions. Farmers, growers, and makers love to educate their customers about what they do.
- Do a Walk-Through First. Before buying, walk through the entire market to see what’s available and compare prices.
The Indy Winter Farmers Market is located at The AMP in the 16 Tech Innovation District and runs until April 30th every Saturday from 9 am – 12:30 pm. With over 80 participating vendors throughout the season, the Indy Winter Farmers Market is Indianapolis’s largest and longest-running winter market. In addition, it is the only farmers’ market to provide a Triple-Match SNAP program. So shop local and visit the Indy Winter Farmers Market!