We are very pleased to announce the 2010-2011 location for the Indy Winter Farmers Market. After months of detailed consideration of generously offer locations, we have selected the Maxwell at 530 E. Ohio Street as our new home for the upcoming season!
The Maxwell offers main-level retail space and four stories of contemporary apartments at the corner of Park and Ohio St. in the Cole Noble District, just south of Lockerbie. This location features:
- ~6,000 sq. ft. floor space (we had about 4,800 last year), with an easy to navigate rectangular layout
- Natural light with full store-front windows along the front south-facing side creating a welcoming feel with multiple doors for entry and exit when needed
- A 30 space attached parking garage available for customer parking during the market (If you are easily capable of walking a block or less please leave this parking for those customers who need it more than you. Thank you!)
- Multiple customer parking options in the immediate vicinity. We’ll provide more details in November.
- Synergy with neighboring and nearby businesses – the Earth House, Sunking Brewery, the Nature Conservancy, City Market and more!
- Easy access to I-465, I-70 & I-65
- Great proximity to downtown to attract city visitors to the IWFM as well.
We feel confident this location will be able to meet the varying needs of our vendors and customers. We were mindful of finding a space with more square footage to help with crowd density, and a physical location that is easily accessible to downtown residents and those traveling from outlying Indianapolis neighborhoods, towns and beyond. The Maxwell’s relative proximity to notable downtown destinations such as Mass Ave, Monument Circle, City Market, the Central Library, Lucas Oil Stadium, Conseco Fieldhouse, White River State Park, Sunking Brewery, Easley Winery, the Earth House, Fountain Square, many unique neighborhoods, and more makes the location a great starting point for those traveling downtown who may want to spend a Saturday exploring downtown! Just blocks from the Cultural Trail, much of this exploration can be done on bicycle or foot. Check Indianapolis Downtown Inc and the Urban Times for great ideas and event listings.
We’ll be announcing the 2010-2011 list of vendors in October.
Interested in being an IWFM volunteer this year? Email email@example.com or sign-up for our Volunteer Spot announcements here.