Growing Places Indy is looking for an energetic, hard-working, experienced Assistant Administrative Assistant. We are located in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis, IN, and our operation includes four urban lots and two large greenhouse spaces. We are committed to building a more just and equitable food system in Indianapolis through urban farming, food access, mind-body education, and entrepreneurship.
The Assistant Administrative Assistant will work under with the Executive Director. Read on below to learn more about the position.
- Coordinating internal and external meetings; manage the appointments and schedules of staff; make travel arrangements;
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars; Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Execute administrative requests and queries from Executive Director
- Organize both internal and external events, acting as a liaison for vendors and providing assistance to department managers for special projects, upon their request
- Maintain and record all supplies within the office
- Sort mail weekly and disseminate appropriately
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Assists with planning and execution of special event, organizational meetings, employee and volunteer recognition events, holiday parties, and board celebrations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Administrative experience is preferred; 2+ years of experience in an administrative assistant capacity
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Excellent time management skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Physical Requirements: Regular periods of sitting (desk work), typing, bending, and lifting to 40 lbs. on occasion.
- High-Speed Internet access at home; work is currently more than 50% remote/virtual.
- Reliable transportation to work in multiple locations, run errands, and collect mail.
- Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture
If interested, please send your resume with relevant experience to email@example.com and include Administrative Assistant in the subject line.